Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Character Is Key


Character Is Key
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Ex. 39-40; Ps. 15; Acts 12

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 5, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications . . ."  (Psalm 140:6)

TODAY'S WORD   
, every Christian will meet people who will constantly scrutinize them. Some may even be laying traps for us, just as King David once said, "They have hidden a trap for me" (Psalm 140:5). David's enemies were literally lying in wait for him, setting up a custom trap designed to snare him. But David rose above the problems of his enemies and sought the Lord, saying, " 'You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications' " (Psalm 140:6). Instead of worrying about his enemies, David focused on his Lord. He left his worries in the hands of God.

The great evangelist D. L. Moody once said, "If I take care of my character, God will take care of my reputation." Moody makes a good point. The main thing a Christian should concentrate on is striving to be a godly person. And when we fall short-and we will-we should admit it. When someone points out our mistakes, we should confess, "You're right. My actions were not consistent with my beliefs. I apologize for that. And I hope I have not changed your opinion of the God whom I follow, because I make mistakes. But God is always true." As Christians, we must be honest enough to admit when we fail or fall short.

We can do very little about what people say or think about us, but we can go to great lengths to live a godly life.

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Your will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, In Jesus Name, Amen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

    devotional   
  



View our videos on YouTube      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Android
Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment