Thursday, February 6, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - In Times of Trouble


In Times of Trouble
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Lev. 1-3; Acts 13

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 6, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; he shall never permit the righteous to be moved."  (Psalm 55:22)

TODAY'S WORD   
, if you have ever wondered how King David faced the constant burdens of his enemies, simply take a look at Psalm 140. David cast his burdens upon the Lord. Even though his enemies had tried to trap him, David said, " 'You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord. O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle' " (Psalm 140:6-7). David basically said, "Lord, I place it on you." Isn't it great that we have a God on whom we can cast our burdens?

Are you burdened today? Is something troubling you? Do you have anxiety over some situation? Maybe it is a problem at work. Maybe it is an issue with your husband, your wife, your children, or your parents. Whatever your burden may be, David has given you the example. Cast it on the Lord. He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved (see Psalm 55:22).

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Blessed Lord Jesus, I need you now because I am filled with stress and anxiety. But you have promised that if I read and remember your Word, and come to you in prayer, your Holy Spirit will come to me. I lay my burdens on you, precious Christ, as you have promised to take them. Please carry them for me so that I don't have to, for they overwhelm me. Replace my fears with your humble and gentle yoke, so that I will find rest for my soul today. Let me feel your love.

 

I accept the peace of mind and quietness of heart, which you offer to all men as a gift. My praise and thanks that it is possible for me to lie down this evening in peace, and find the rest of sleep, by your gift. For with you, I have faith that I dwell in perfect safety. What should I fear, when you have promised to be with me for all time? I pray that I can find your perfect peace, by your Word and your promise, this day and every day, until I see you face to face, In Jesus Name, Amen.

 

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

    devotional   
  



View our videos on YouTube      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Android
Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment