Monday, February 24, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Getting Ready for Heaven


Getting Ready for Heaven
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Num. 14-16;Mark 3

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 24, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven . . ."  (Matthew 6:20)

TODAY'S WORD   
, heaven is a place in the future of every Christian, and I want to know - are you prepared? Are you really ready to go? I don't just mean do you have the hope of heaven. That's part of it. Trusting in Christ also means recognizing that your life on earth should count for something and you should lay up for yourself treasures in heaven.

Every thing you have on earth will be left behind. But Jesus told us if we were wise we would, "Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:20-21). This means as Christians we will one day receive rewards for our faithful service to the Lord. 

What are you doing for Christ? Are you using the gifts He has given you? Are you serving Him?

I have found the best way to live the greatest life in this world is to be more concerned with the next one. C. S. Lewis said, "Aim for heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." So as I aim at heaven, as I am thinking about fellowshipping with the Lord, earth will be thrown in. I can have the greatest life on this earth-not because I am trying to obtain happiness or fulfillment, but because I am trying to walk with God and please Him. The fringe benefit of living life for the next one is I can have a happy, fulfilled life doing it.

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; and vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose; so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

 

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence, in Jesus nameAmen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment