Saturday, February 22, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - A Behind-the-Scenes Look


A Behind-the-Scenes Look
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Num. 10-11; Ps. 27; Mark 1

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 22, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"Don't be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come."   
TODAY'S WORD   
, our culture gravitates toward behind-the-scenes events. We become excited when we're driving down the street and see movie cameras set up for a big scene. We love that inside look to which no one else has access. Fascinating events also transpire behind the scenes of the supernatural realm: the world in which angels and demons dwell.

Consider this: when we pray, a spiritual battle often takes place. I especially believe this occurs when we pray for the salvation of the lost. Many times the reason God may not immediately answer our prayers is because of behind-the-scenes spiritual warfare.

Take Daniel for instance. He had been praying for weeks with no answer from the Lord (see Daniel 10). Little did Daniel know, God heard his prayers and dispatched an angel with a special answer to his prayers. However, somewhere between heaven and earth, between the visible and the invisible, this angel found himself waged in a battle with another evil angel. After 21 days of spiritual warfare, God sent Michael, the archangel, to save the other angel.

Just as a battle raged over God's answer to Daniel's prayers, a spiritual battle often rages due to your prayers. This is why we need to keep praying, even if we go days, weeks, or even months without receiving an answer. Jesus said, " 'And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks" (Luke 11:9).

Prayer is a continuous, ongoing process. We must never stop praying, for God's delays are not necessarily His denials.

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

 

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

 

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

 

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done, in Jesus Name Amen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


    devotional   
  




View our videos on YouTube
 Follow us on Twitter  
View our profile on LinkedIn     Find us on Facebook

Android
Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment