Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Our Tabloid Mentality


Our Tabloid Mentality
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Ex. 37-38; Ps. 19; Acts 11

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 4, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men, preserve me from violent men, who plan evil things in their hearts; they continually gather together for war."  (Psalm 140:1)

TODAY'S WORD   
David begins Psalm 140 by saying, "Lord, deliver me from evil men." Like David, we are living in a wicked, vicious time. It seems as though people today, and especially in America, have an unhealthy appetite for gossip. We call this a "tabloid mentality." You see this sort of tabloid-type thinking and reporting, which once was only in supermarket tabloids, now in journalism across the board. Now when you turn on the evening news, they are covering subjects that have nothing to do with the news. Instead, too many news stories contain that "tabloid mentality." People today want to know the inside scoop. We want to know what's going on. We want to hear the dirt on this person and that person. There is something in our nature that wants to know more and more. It just seems like this whole chain of events is snowballing in our culture and things are getting lower and lower.

We are living in a wicked, violent world. And David is saying, "Deliver me from people like this, Lord." David was facing a carefully planned campaign of slander and lies. You have heard the phrase, "Good news travels fast." I suggest to you bad news travels faster. It has been said that a lie is halfway around the world while truth is still putting on its shoes. There is something about a falsehood, something about a lie that just spreads like a wildfire.

Let me ask you this: if someone were to take inventory of your life, would they find that you possess an appetite for gossip or a hunger for God's truth? Take stock of your life today, and set your heart toward a life focused on God's truth-not the world's lies.

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day, Help me to follow you in every way. Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do; Let me help others, as you help them, too.

 

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games, Help me to grow, yet still stay the same. Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor; Give all - not just part.

 

Help me to love others, my family, my friends, Bless all of my foes, help me make amends. Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

 

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best, Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest. Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day, Often to thank you, often to pray. In Jesus Name, Amen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

    devotional   
  



View our videos on YouTube      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Android
Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment