Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - The Man Who Forgot God


The Man Who Forgot God
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Num. 17-18; Ps. 29; Mark 4

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

February 25, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?" (Luke 12:20)

TODAY'S WORD   
, here is the story of a man whose date with death came unexpectedly. He wasn't prepared. He was the man who forgot God. 
Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?' So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and goods. And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink and be merry." ' But God said to him, "Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?" So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (Luke 12:16-20)
There are many commendable things about this man. He apparently was a hard working farmer. Jesus does not criticize his success. This man got up early. He spent time watching his crops. He worked hard. And he made a good living. His mistake was not success.

His mistake was that he failed to plan ahead. He had all his bases covered but the most important one of all: he had not considered eternity. He had forgotten God. And he died a fool because he died unprepared. It's important to know that heaven is a prepared place for prepared people. 

Are you prepared? 
 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Holy God, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today. Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child, or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, "When you made My people smile, you made Me smile." In Jesus NameAmen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment