Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -- Fight the Good Fight

Fight the Good Fight
Today's Devotional Reading: Psalm 122; 1 Cor 9-11
November 11, 2009

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. " (1 Cor 9:27 NIV)

TODAY'S WORD

Anyone can be obedient, keep a good attitude and stay full of joy when things are going well. But what kind of attitude do you have when times get tough and things don't go your way? Will you stay faithful and keep pressing on even when it seems you're making no progress? Will you bring your will and your body into subjection?

Sometimes God allows trials to test us, to refine and purify our faith. Remember - anyone can quit. Anyone can complain. But God is looking for people who will persevere until the very end. Stand strong and fight the good fight of faith. When you do you live a life of abundance and you will be a victor in life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I have what it takes to overcome adversity and arise victorious! I know You will never disappoint me and will be present in troubled times. I am determined to have an attitude of gratitude no matter what I face. In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita











No comments:

Post a Comment