Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -- Be Fruitful, not Busy

Be Fruitful, not Busy
Today's Devotional Reading: Matthew 14-16
November 23, 2009

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Afterward he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone. Meanwhile the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves." (Matthew 14:23-24)

TODAY'S WORD

Are you missing out on the joys of life because you are too busy? Are you over-committed? God called you to be fruitful - He never called you to be busy. Don't get activity mixed up with productivity. Just because you are on the go, and always doing things-even godly things-doesn't necessarily mean that you're fulfilling God's best plan for your life. Ok, I know what your thinking, "look who's talking Pastor Eric". I know, I know...you really do have a Pastor who understand this one.

We encourage you to prayerfully take inventory of the different activities in your life. I'm doing that. Ask the Lord to show you which areas need to be pruned, and which areas need more focus. Ask Him to show which relationships to move away from, and which relationships to cultivate in your life. Stop allowing the unfruitful areas of your life to consume all of your time, focus, and energy. As you make adjustments to bring balance to your schedule, invest in the activities and relationships that bring you joy and peace. As you do, you will experience God's abundant blessing in every area of life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I will find time every day to pray. I will order my steps and make time for the things that really matter. There are areas in my life that need to be pruned so I can live a more purposeful life. Thank you for your perfect plan for my life. In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita









No comments:

Post a Comment