Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daily Devotion From Pastor Eric & Rita -- Double Your Blessings

Double Your Blessings
Today's Devotional Reading: Job 25; Mk. 13, 14
November 3, 2009

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Meanwhile, Jesus was in Bethany at the home of Simon, a man who had previously had leprosy. While he was eating, a woman came in with a beautiful alabaster jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard. She broke open the jar and poured the perfume over his head." (Mark 14:3)

TODAY'S WORD

Like most parents we love to take Alyssa to get ice cream. The other day, I was watching some parents with their little girl when she was bumped by one of her friends; down went her cone and out came the tears. A few moments latter I saw dad come out of the ice cream shop with not just a single scoop for his little girl, but rather a triple scoop. Score, that's something I would have done!

Do you know that when God restores what you have lost, He doesn't just give you a single scoop . . . He promises to give you more than you have lost! No matter what has been taken away from you, no matter what you've lost or experienced in the past, if you give it over to the Lord, He will return to you more than you could ask or imagine. He'll make things right and give you more than what was lost or stolen. He'll restore double what was lost!

Like the woman who lavished on Jesus before his death something very expensive, He wants to lavish on you today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I believe my better days are still to come. The pain in my life prepares me to receive twice what I have lost, so I will face whatever comes with steadfast faith. Thank you for giving me this hope. In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment