Monday, November 2, 2009

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -- Don't Let the Past Poison Your Future

Don't Let the Past Poison Your Future
Today's Devotional Reading: Job 23,24; Mk 11, 12
November 2, 2009

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny." (Job 23:14)

TODAY'S WORD

Too many people today spend their days looking in the rearview mirror of their lives. You don't have to deny that painful things have happened to you. If you have lost a job, been mistreated, or had a loved one die, those are real hurts.

What we are saying is that you need to leave those things in the past and move on. If you carry those disappointments around with you, you are going to start each day telling yourself, "God couldn't possibly have anything good for me today because of what happened yesterday."

You have to let go of any shattered dreams, quit dwelling on any disappointments, and forgive the people who have hurt you. Release all that bitterness - God promises to give you a new beginning!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I am ready to trade the ashes of the past for the beauty in my future. There are painful things in my past, hurts that I have been hanging on to, but it's joy that I want instead. I embrace Your promise for a fresh future! In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment