Thursday, April 24, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -Finding Fulfillment


Finding Fulfillment
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Sam. 28-29; Ps. 109; Mt. 11

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

April 24, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21)

TODAY'S WORD   
, it is not true that God needs us, but it is true that He wants fellowship with us and loves us. God is intensely interested in our lives. God's thoughts toward us are innumerable (see Psalm 40:5; Psalm 139:17, 18). He deeply and tenderly loves us beyond our comprehension.

The prophet Jeremiah tells us, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11). God is thinking about you all the time. He loves you and has a plan and a purpose for your life.

If we fulfill the primary purpose for which God created us, as a byproduct, we will find what most of us are looking for in life: happiness, fulfillment, and purpose. We find these things not by seeking them, but by seeking the God who made us (see Matthew 6:33). As we come into harmony with God's purpose for us, everything else falls into place.

That is why so many people who are seeking happiness or fulfillment, who are trying to find themselves, still live such empty, futile lives. They have not discovered the reason that God put them on this earth: to know Him and to walk with Him. When we realize that God created us and we start trying to fulfill that purpose, then we begin to experience a joy and fulfillment in the Lord we have never known before.

I ask you, are you fulfilling the purpose for which God created you? The apostle Paul summed up what his life was about in what should be the motto for every Christian: "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). That is my purpose in life. Is it yours?

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment