Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - In His Image


In His Image
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Sam. 25-26; Ps. 63; Mt. 9

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

April 22, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.. (Genesis 1:27)

TODAY'S WORD   
, you might say that the pinnacle of God's creative work was His creation of human beings. We as human beings stand apart from all the rest of God's creation, because we have been uniquely created in the image of God himself. He made us, both male and female, to be more like Him than anything else He made.

But what does the Bible mean when it says that man is created in God's image? Does this mean that when we get to heaven, we will discover that God looks just like us? No. Rather, there are other dimensions to being made in the image of God.

First, there is a recognition built within us that there is more to life than simple existence. There is a spiritual dimension. God has set eternity in our hearts (see Ecclesiastes 3:11).

Second, we have a built-in sense of morality. The apostle Paul tells us that even unbelievers have the work of the law written in their hearts, and their consciences bear witness (see Romans 2:14-15).

Another way we have been made in the image of God is that we have the ability to reason and think logically, or in an abstract way.

But perhaps most significantly, we have been made in the image of God in our ability to create. We can create symphonies. We can create incredible technological devices. We can do so many amazing things because that is how God created us. Thank God today that you were created in His image!

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen. 

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment