Thursday, April 3, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - In Loving Pursuit


In Loving Pursuit
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Judg. 17-18; Ps. 89; 2 Cor. 3

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

April 3, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:18-19)

TODAY'S WORD   
, some think God is just out to get them. This reminds me of a story I heard about a thief who broke into a house. He was looking around in the dark with his flashlight. Suddenly he heard a voice in the darkness say, "Jesus is watching you." The thief just about jumped out of his skin as he thought,Where did that come from?

Again he heard it. "Jesus is watching you!" The thief was absolutely terrified. He followed the sound of the voice with his flashlight and heaved a sigh of relief when he saw a parrot on a perch, who once again said, "Jesus is watching you!"

The thief laughed. Then he looked down, and at the foot of the parrot's perch was a very large Doberman pinscher, baring his teeth.

Then the parrot looked down at the Doberman and said, "Sic 'im, Jesus."

That is how a lot of people see God today: Jesus is against me. As Mephibosheth might have thought, they think, all that has gone wrong in my life is God's fault. Why did God let this happen? It's a lie of Satan that persuades people to keep their distance from God.

I know we as Christians like to refer to "the day I found the Lord." The truth is He wasn't lost, we were. Certainly one day we discovered a God who loved us. But God found us before we found Him. He chose us before we chose Him. Jesus sought us out as a shepherd looks for a lost sheep.  

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Heavenly Father, I thank you this morning for all that I have. Even if I have problems with my health, I am alive today. If I have money problems, I will eat today. I have clothes to wear, a roof to protect me, and air to breathe.

 

Let me never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. I pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what I have, remembering always who made me and who keeps me. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment