Thursday, April 17, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Just Use It


Just Use It
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Sam. 19: 1 Chr. 7; Ps. 59, Mt. 4

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

April 17, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

"Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."  (Psalm 119:11)

TODAY'S WORD   
, a Bible that is falling apart is usually the sign of a life that isn't. I like to see beat-up, marked-up Bibles that are coming apart, because that is a good sign.

I think there ought to be a Bible especially for preachers, made out of a steel binding. After all, preachers really use the Bible. As we are speaking, we do things like shake it, hold it up, and point to it. Why do we do that, I don't really know. :) 

But we believers shouldn't simply shake our Bibles or hold them up or point to them. We need to read God's Word and memorize it and hide it in our hearts. It is good to carry a Bible in a purse or briefcase, but the best place to hide the Word of God is in our hearts. As the psalmist said, "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You" (Psalm 119:11).

Hide it in your heart. Know it. Then, when temptation comes, you can use God's Word to defend yourself. When opportunities come, you can use it to share the truth of the gospel with those who don't know Him. Remember that God has given us His Word to both deflect and to attack and strike blows for His kingdom.

God promises that His Word will not return void. Whether a person believes it or they don't, it won't return void. It will prosper in the place where God sends it. So use your Bible. Use it until it is falling apart!.

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Holy Father, who watches over your children by night and by day; blessed Jesus, my food and my strength; sweet Holy Spirit, the light and guide of my soul; I thank you for this new day and pray that you will watch over me. May my thoughts, my words and actions reflect the Spirit that dwells within me. And may every minute of my life celebrate the gift of grace, earned by the blood of Christ, in whose name I pray, Amen. 

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment