Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - One Thing


One Thing
                                                      
Today's Devotional Reading: Judg. 13-16; 2 Cor. 2

  

CLICK on the Scripture above to link into your daily reading plan.

April 2, 2014

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!  

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE    
"One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple." (Psalm 27:4)

TODAY'S WORD   
David had a real insight into who God was and set his heart to follow him. In Psalm 57:7, he wrote, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident!" (AMP). This means that David's heart was totally focused on who God was. He was locked in to what was right. He was not fickle. He was meditative. Yet he was brave and courageous.

Paul made a similar statement in the book of Philippians: "One thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (3:13-14).

One thing. Everybody has the one thing in his or her life. I ask you: what is that one thing for you. What is your clear focus in life? Our greatest danger in life is permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important; to fail to live by a clear set of priorities. David said, "This is my heart. It is my one thing." Everybody is living for something. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

God may not give you everything you hoped for in life. Then again, He may give you more. You just leave that up to Him and put Him first. 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY    

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short. Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and so guide me, that the clever words of men will never replace the truth which you have put into my heart. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

, my your life be full of His blessings. 

Pastor Eric & Rita



Sign a Friend up to Receive These Daily Devotionals
*************
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

     
KingdomPoint     

   


     
      

  devotionalAndroid    
View our videos on YouTube
      Follow us on Twitter     

View our profile on LinkedIn      Find us on Facebook

Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - PO Box 301471- Portland Oregon 972794 - Ph 503-296-4900 ext. 426 
This email was sent to ebahme.th05654895lumn@blogger.com by eric@kingdompoint.com |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment