Saturday, April 10, 2010

Daily Devotions from Pastor Eric & Rita - Fight the Good Fight.

Fight the Good Fight
Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Sam 8-10; 2 Cor. 10
April 10, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our inner strength in the Lord is growing every day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

TODAY'S WORD

Paul explained to the church at Corinth that giving up is not an option for a true Christian. As a follower of God, you are to fight the good fight in God's strength and never surrender or give up. Being faithful means holding tight through tough and seemingly impossible times. Keep pushing whether you feel like it or not; keep going even when you run out of strength. Do the right thing, even when the wrong thing happens to you. In order to win the battle, you have to step out and take part in the struggle. Only after fighting the good fight can you experience the good victory that God has in store for you.

We are not saying this is easy. It really becomes a choice you have to make and it is a fight. This last year I have been through this fight. There were days I wasn't sure I could even make it...but I knew that I had to keep on. One foot in front of the other in doing what I knew to be right. In the end...God did come through.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for giving me the strength to fight the good fight. Help me to keep my eyes on You for the endurance to keep moving forward. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita










No comments:

Post a Comment