Saturday, April 3, 2010

Daily Devotions from Pastor Eric & Rita -- Enjoy Life

Enjoy Life
Today's Devotional Reading: Judg. 17,18; Ps. 89; 2 Cor. 3
April 3, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

TODAY'S WORD

You may be facing a situation in your family, your health or your marriage that just looks impossible. It would be easy to allow circumstances like this to steal your joy and cause you to go through life with a defeated attitude. But the Bible says that as long as you have faith, your situation is subject to change! So try this beginning tomorrow morning. The first thing you get up, quote Psalm 118:24 to yourself: "This is the day that the Lord has made."

I've been doing this for awhile now and man has it made a difference. I have been taking time to really enjoy life. It might be a hike in the park or mountains, or spending time shooting guns as I did the other day with a friend (I hadn't done that in 28 years -- and it was FUN). Today, I turn 47 and I've made up my mind to enjoy my life. I have a great wife, a wonderful daughter, an amazing congregation, the best friends, and a GREAT LIFE. I'm going to get the most out of it.

The Lord gave you this day for a specific reason, so enjoy it and live it in His strength! You have to be determined to enjoy your life; it has to be a daily decision because only you can choose to enjoy the things that God has given you. Look at your life through eyes of faith, and thank God for each day.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for this wonderful day that You have given me. I ask today for the eyes of faith to see myself and my life the way You see me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita










No comments:

Post a Comment