Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength
Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Sam. 20,21; Ps. 34; Mt. 5
April 18, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips." (Psalm 34:1)


TODAY'S WORD

In the book of Psalms, David said, "I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be in my mouth." At all times means in the good times as well as the tough times. The Bible tells us to stay full of joy no matter what we are facing. The joy of the Lord is our source of strength and the enemy knows it. He knows that if he can get you down and discouraged, before long, you'll be weak and feeble and he'll be able to easily defeat you.

When you are full of joy and have a good attitude, you keep yourself strong. That positive attitude of faith paves the way for God to work miracles-it paves the way for God to turn your situation around!

Decide today to have a good attitude! Keep yourself full of His joy by meditating on the goodness and promises of God. Be full of the joy of the Lord!


A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praise be to You, God. I am blessed in so many ways and I want to stay focused on that. Forgive me for feeling sorry for myself and forgetting that joy in You is a real source of strength. Like David, I want to sing your praises at all times! In Jesus' name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita











No comments:

Post a Comment