Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daily Devotions from Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme - Trust God's Wisdom

Trust God's Wisdom
Today's Devotional Reading: Judg. 8; Ps. 42; 1 Cor. 15
March 30, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I am God - I only - and there is no other like me who can tell you what is going to happen. All I say will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish." (Isaiah 46:9-10)

TODAY'S WORD

Many people pray very intently and seriously for things that never come to pass-then they realize later what a blessing it was that God did not answer their prayer! We can only see today, one moment at a time, but God knows how today's situations will impact us tomorrow, next week, or even ten years from now! So many people have told us, "I'm so thankful God didn't answer my prayer. He knew what was best for me, and now that I look back I can see how all things have worked for my good." What a perfect example of something that is easy to forget-that sometimes the best thing that can happen to you is the exact opposite of what you want to happen. God knows the past and the future, and He always has the sequence of events in your life in perfect order. As God said in Isaiah, everything He says will come to pass, so make sure that you're following Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I'm so glad that You have the infinite wisdom to take perfect care of me. Give me the ability to rest in Your wisdom and not rely on my own. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita




No comments:

Post a Comment