Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -- All of a Sudden

All of a Sudden
Today's Devotional Reading: Josh 18-20; 1 Cor. 9
March 24, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him." (Matthew 20:34)

TODAY'S WORD

No matter how discouraged or down you are, God can change your heart, mind and body in a split second. In Matthew 20, Jesus healed two blind men right on the spot, and they walked away completely changed forever. In order to experience this amazing and life-changing turnaround, you may have to take a chance. Nothing is gained without risk or going out on a limb a little bit. You may look at the obstacles or the potholes, but God sees victory. In just a moment, you can see things the way God sees them, which means you'll see the path to victory, not defeat. God rewards you when you step out in faith, not when you stay where you are out of fear.

Almost five weeks ago I had an "All of a Sudden" moment. It wasn't up to me...it was up to God. I'm just glad I stayed faithful to God and saw it through to the point of my "all of a sudden" moment. Trust me, it works. Just hold on.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for seeing victory where I see defeat. Give me the eyes to see things the way You see them. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment