Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daily Devotional from Pastor Eric & Rita: The Best is Yet to Come

The Best is Yet to Come

Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Ki. 13,14; 2 Chr. 12; Phil. 3
June 13, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

TODAY'S WORD

One of the main keys to overcoming the disappointments in life is learning to let go of the past. When you let go of the past, you begin to experience the bright future God has in store for you. Don't let the regrets of yesterday destroy the hopes of tomorrow. No matter what has happened in the past, God is a God of restoration, and He will restore what the enemy has stolen from you.

Let me encourage you to accept God's mercy and forgiveness, and look forward to the wonderful plan He has for your future. As you press on and seek Him daily, you will live in victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, help me to let go of the past. Your Son lived so that my sin could die, so let me leave it behind me and instead focus on the plan You have for my future. Your mercy is perfect. Thank you for giving me a clean slate. In Jesus' name - Amen.

We sure love you!

Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment