Monday, June 14, 2010

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita --When the Spirit Moves You-Move!

 When the Spirit Moves You-Move!

Today's Devotional Reading: 1 Ki. 15; 2 Chr. 13, 14; Phil. 4
June 14, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

TODAY'S WORD

Have you ever thought about giving someone a compliment and just didn't do it? Perhaps you have put off writing that special thank-you note? Maybe you've resisted the "feeling" you've had about visiting the doctor or starting that exercise program. There are many reasons why we neglect doing the things that we know we should do. Maybe we don't think they are necessary, or we are just too busy and don't want to take the time.

Every time we hear that prompting from the Holy Spirit, the devil loves to whisper in our ear, "you can't do that," "you're too busy," "people don't care what you think." Let me encourage you to stop believing the lies of the enemy!

Philippians 4:13 declares, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." With Jesus' help, you can do anything. Don't put off doing the things you know the Lord has instructed you to do. When you do your part and step out in faith, God will do His. As you are obedient, God will pour out his blessings and favor on you and you will experience the abundant life He has for those who trust Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

I want to be still and listen to You. I will put aside all the distractions so that I am able to hear the whispers of the Holy Spirit inside me. Lead me to step out in faith today. In Jesus' name, Amen.

We sure love you!

Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment