Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Overlook Offense

Overlook Offense
Today's Devotional Reading:
Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 16
March 9, 2011

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE   
"You, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves where once foreigners in the land of Egypt" (Deuteronomy 10:19 NLT).

TODAY'S WORD   
not long ago, a young man came and told me, "Eric, the reason I quit coming to church, the reason I hadn't been here in two months is because everybody was talking about me. Everybody was against me." I didn't say it, but I thought to myself, "Man, everybody doesn't know you. If you sit on one side of the building, the people on the other side probably have never even seen you." What happened? He was carrying offense and got distracted trying to fight a battle that wasn't worth fighting. Someone offended him or said something he didn't like, and instead of letting it go, he fell into a trap. "Well, I'm not going to come to church. I'll just show them." He got distracted trying to prove his point and the only person he ended up hurting was himself. That's what happens when we carry offenses. Things get blown out of proportion--"Everybody is against me. Everybody is talking about me."

We shouldn't allow offenses to distract us and get us off course. Instead, we need to stay focused on what God's called us to do and overlook offense. Choose your battles wisely so you can fulfill the destiny God has prepared for you!

 

A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY 

Heavenly Father, search my heart today. Remove any offense or any wrong attitude that would stand in the way of Your best for my life. I love You and bless You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

Eastside Logo
blogger


Forward this issue to a Friend

Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook
 
ElFaro

logo


Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme
PO Box 20729
Portland, Oregon 97294
503-226-4900 Ext. 426


This email was sent to ebahme.word1@blogger.com by eric@eastsidechurch.net |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment