Monday, March 7, 2011

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita - Put Your Hope in God

Put Your Hope in God
Today's Devotional Reading:
Deut. 5,6; Psalm 43; Mark 14
March 7, 2011

By reading the scripture above each day you will read the Old Testament through in one year and the New Testament through twice in a year. This will change your life. Start Today!
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
 
 

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again-my Savior and my God!" (Psalm 43:5, NLT).


TODAY'S WORD
 
 
, have you been disappointed by someone or something recently? We all go through setbacks and disappointments from time to time, but those circumstances should serve as reminders to us to put our hope in God. People will let you down, systems will let you down, organizations will let you down, but God will never let you down. He is the friend who sticks closer than a brother, and you can trust that He is faithful to His Word.

 

I love what the psalmist did here in Psalm 43:5. He took one look at himself and asked, "Why in the world am I so discouraged? Why am I so sad?" Then, he must have realized he had his hope in the wrong place. He realized he needed to put his hope in God. How did he do it? By praising Him. By declaring that God alone was his Savior. If you recognize that you've had your hope in the wrong place, I encourage you today to reinvest your hope in the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Sing a song of praise to Him because when you put your hope in God, you will never be disappointed!


A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY

Father in heaven, I humbly come to You today. I declare that You are my Savior and my God. I put my hope and trust in You alone. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

Eastside Logo
blogger


Forward this issue to a Friend

Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook
 
ElFaro

logo


Pastor Eric & Rita Bahme
PO Box 20729
Portland, Oregon 97294
503-226-4900 Ext. 426


This email was sent to ebahme.word1@blogger.com by eric@eastsidechurch.net |  
Eric & Rita Bahme | PO Box 20729 | Portland | OR | 97294

No comments:

Post a Comment