Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daily Devotional from Pastor Eric & Rita - Move toward God's will

Move toward God's will
Today's Devotional Reading: Jer 10-12; Jn. 14
August 12, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)

TODAY'S WORD

God is always providing opportunities for you to advance in life. It's His desire that you constantly learn and grow. Have you ever been afraid to step out and take an opportunity set before you because you aren't sure it's the right thing to do? Has your life become stagnant and mediocre because you're afraid to try new things? In order to experience the abundant life God has in store for you, you have to begin moving forward and exploring the open doors in your path.

The enemy will try anything to keep you living in mediocrity. He knows that once you start moving forward, God will be able to lead you in His perfect will. Sometimes you may come to some closed doors before you find the open doors, but as you keep moving, you'll be one step closer to fulfilling God's plan of victory for your life. Once you make the decision to step out, you'll learn to follow the Lord's leading and God will open supernatural opportunities before you!

Keep your heart humble before the Lord, seek after Him every day, and be willing to make adjustments in your life. As you do, you'll begin to discover stronger confidence in your ability to follow the Lord, and you will begin living the life of victory that He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, there are opportunities for growth right before me and I want to seize them and take action! Shake me from the spiritual rut I'm in and give me a nudge toward the doors you want me to open. In Jesus' name, Amen.

We sure love you!

Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment