Sunday, October 25, 2009

Daily Devotion from Pastor Eric & Rita -- Our Joy is Our Strength

Our Joy is our Strength
Today's Devotional Reading: Job 16; Acts 21-23
October 25, 2009
                                                

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes; yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure." (Job 16:16-17 NIV)

TODAY'S WORD

We know that life can be very hard at times. Job has found himself in a place he cannot understand and his face is red from crying. We understand these times as we all go through them. Like Job, David was also a man who found himself in many of life's troubles.

When David said he would praise the Lord "at all times" he meant in the good times as well as the tough times. The Bible tells us to stay full of joy no matter what we are facing. The joy of the Lord is our source of strength, and the enemy knows it. He knows that if he can get you down and discouraged, before long, you'll be weak and feeble, and he'll be able to easily defeat you.

When you are full of joy and have a good attitude, you keep yourself strong. That positive attitude of faith paves the way for God to work miracles-it paves the way for God to turn your situation around! Be full of the joy of the Lord!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I am in control of my attitude! When I meditate on Your goodness and promises and have a good attitude, I am joyful. That is the way I want to live my life! Thank you for Your amazing strength that allows me to persevere through trying times. In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!
Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment