Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Devotional from Pastor Eric & Rita - A well-balanced Christian

A well-balanced Christian
Today's Devotional Reading: Is 46-49; 1 Pet. 5
July 26, 2010

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Be well-balanced, for your enemy goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (I Peter 5:8 AMP)

TODAY'S WORD

Excess is the enemy's playground. He knows that if he can get you over into extremes in any area, then he can keep you from experiencing God's best. When you get out of balance, you give the enemy a foothold. But when you have your priorities in order, there's security, protection, and safety. When you are taking care of yourself, your family, and your relationship with God, you are going to be strong and healthy. The enemy won't have a chance!

We encourage you to examine your heart and life today. Ask the Lord to show you if there are areas where you may be out of balance. Ask Him to help you make the right adjustments so that you are able to be effective in every area of your life. As you work towards balance, you will walk in the abundant life that God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I will not let the busyness of life dictate my priorities. I will consciously choose how I spend my time and my money so that my priorities align with Your purpose. You are my priority! In Jesus' Name - Amen.

We sure love you!

Eric & Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment